YOUR PERSONAL DATA
When you visit our websites www.seereer.org, www.seereerradio.com and www.seereerheritage.com, we will collect some of your personal data so that we can accept your registration to use our forum, process your order and/or provide you our product(s) or service(s). Some of these personal data may include your name, address, job title, company/organisation, telephone number, e-mail address or mobile number. We do not store credit/debit card details, and any payment made for our products and services are processed securely by PayPal through their SSL encrypted page.
HOW WE COLLECT THE DATA
- We collect your data when you fill in our online forms such as our Registration Form or Contact Us Form, or in-app forms as in the Seereer Radio App.
- Telephone, e-mail, fax and mail correspondences
- Subscribing to our services
- Reporting problems to us.
- Transactions you have carried out, and completed transactions.
- Field research work carried out by our team of researchers in Senegal, Gambia, and Mauritania, on matters releating to Seereer family history and genealogy. As standard, subjects are always given a consent form and explained to clearly the purpose of the research and its importance.
- Using our apps (see app section below)
WHAT WE DO WITH THE DATA
You should recognise and accept that your personal data has been given to us so that we can provide our products and services to you, and for record keeping in accordance with English Laws and Regulation. As such, data may be made available to third parties such as the Police, Customs and Exercise and the Courts only if we are required to do so by law. For example if you have committed a criminal offence and statutory law demands that we reveal your data. You also authorise us to use and retain such data and to transmit it to our own employees, volunteers and freelancers (who have all been thoroughly vetted and had signed Contracts of Employment and/or Non-Disclosure Agreements) in order for us to provide you with such products and services. Your personal data will not be used for marketing activities without your permission. Where you have consented to receive marketing e-mails (for example upcoming events such as concerts, workshops, film screening, new books, etc.), we will notify you of new products or services that may be of interest to you. If you do, or do not want your personal data used for marketing purposes, you can opt in or opt out during registration. You will also have the opportunity to unsubscribe on every electronic communication we send you by simply clicking unsubscribe or contacting us by e-mail.
In addition to the above, we may also use your data to:
- Contact you after your product has been dispatched
- Send you your invoices
- Get in touch with you should we require further information or instructions
- Notify you of any changes to the product or service we provide
- Carry out user/member/customer satisfaction surveys in order to determine whether we are meeting the needs of our users/members/customers.
USING SITE TRACKING
We may use site tracking in order to determine how you use our websites so that we can enhance our websites for your use. With site tracking, we would not be able to obtain any of your personal information.
THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
SAFEGUARDING YOUR DATA
We truly appreciate the importance of security to our users, member, and customer, and the importance of their confidentiality and privacy. We have several safeguards to ensure confidentiality and security of our users, members and customers. Any information provided to us is held and used in the strictest of confidence. Your details are not provided to any third party whatsoever without your written consent. We take your privacy and the security of your data very seriously and concentrate our efforts in maintaining high privacy standards.
The Seereer Resource Centre adheres to The Data Protection Act 1998 and The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directives) Regulations 2003. All employees, volunteers and freelancers of the Seereer Resource Centre sign a Contract of Employment/Engagement as well as a Non-Disclosure Agreement and are rigorously screened before they are offered employment or placement,
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS UNDER THE DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998 & GDPR (the General Data Protection Regulation) 2018
Among other rights afforded to you under the Act, you have a legal right to access any data we hold about you subject to a fee. The small fee is to cover our expenses in providing you such data. You also have a legal right to correct any inaccuracies in the data we hold about you, and to request erasure of your data. For more about your right under English Law, please visit the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).