The SRC Trust Fund
The SRC Trust Fund is a fund set up by the Centre in order to:
- ensure every Seereer child in Senegal, the Gambia and Mauritania receives proper education;
- alleviate poverty in poor Seereer communities in Senegal, Gambia and Mauritania;
- improve medical facilities in Seereer communities.
The SRC Charity
The Seereer Resource Centre provide charitable relief for poor and disenfranchised Seereer communities in Senegal, the Gambia and Mauritania. We also support some charities that work in these countries.
Our initiatives in Senegal:
Learn more about our grand project which will serve as a cultural, research and learning centre in Senegal where Seereer traditional medicine, history and culture will be taught and preserved. Once the building is completed, it will also include apartments where students/researchers can reside during the duration of their learning. Help us bring this project to fruition. To learn more, please click here.
This Centre is located in Jaxaaw (or Diakhao), the historical capital of Siin. The Centre is headed by Abdoulaye Diouf. It is the first of six support centers provided within in the Siin Region. It provides:
- more than 100 meals a day to the needy (children in particular) - with high nutritional value in order to fight against micronutrient deficiencies;
- a medical specialist to monitor and prevent dental, cardiovascular and other diseases;
- cultural expression and promotion of the cultural heritage of the Siin Region;
- cyber center, library, reading center and ensuring students within the Region receives good quality education.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/Centre.MAAT.diiakhao/info
Our initiatives in the Gambia:
Our initiatives in Mauritania: